Reloader Hub

Discussion
  • FNH FNS or FNX Series Pistols (9mm)

Does anyone have experience with these pistols?

Does anyone know what brand of ammo the gun likes or dislike? (I know certain ammo fails to fire, eject or function properly in ceratain firearms).

What about accuracey?

I've been on their web site.

Thanks for any intel you can provide.

• Profile Image
    • By 86Ram
    • 2 years ago
    • 717 Posts
      • 86Ram's stats:
      • Yahoo: 86Ram's Yahoo
      • AIM: 86Ram's AIM
Recent Replies
  • FN handguns

I've got a FN Five-seveN and I love it. We tried one of the FNP-9  and FNP-40 at the PD and they had one major flaw. When you change your grip on the handgrips for a tactical reload, the resulting pressure on the thin polymer grip area trapped the mag and wouldn't let it drop free. It wouldn't drop at all until you relaxed your grip. The new models might not have this issue. Other than that, they were a pleasure to shoot and had nice triggers. Fairly accurate.

We decided to get S&W M&P 40 for duty guns. We do use P-90's for tactical work and love them.

savagebob

• Re: FNH FNS or FNX Series Pistols (9mm)

I have used the FNs and love them, I got issued the USACOM Mk23 in 06 and glad my hands are as big as they are or I would have had to go back to the M-9.

Usning Mil Ball, never had a problem with them and shot 1,000's or rounds with them. Was glad to have the big ol' .45 in the litterbox. The one's you are talking about are a lot better with the grip size, the NSTW guys are using them alot also. That should tell ya something.

Sounds like good advice and like a good choice in firearms to me. I have been lookin for a handgun my wife would be comfortable shooting too. I'm not too big of a fan of the 92F or M-9.

• Profile Image
    • By 86Ram
    • 2 years ago
    • 717 Posts
      • 86Ram's stats:
  • FNX-9

I bought the FNX-9 as my first home defence gun because of the ambidexterous controls.  My wife is a lefty and I shoot right.  I've got about 1500 rounds through it now and it's been a great gun to learn on.  It's ate everything I've shot.  The only trouble I've had is with the budget Federal from Walmart.  They've given me a couple fail to feeds.

Edited by wlathan, 2 years ago

wlathan:

Thank you. I apopreciate the intll.

• Profile Image
    • By 86Ram
    • 2 years ago
    • 717 Posts
      • 86Ram's stats:

dont know about the 9mm but the 40smith version is a GREAT rig - The only reason I wear a S/A XD  is it proved as reliable & accurate for a few bucks less $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ -

Not even remotely relevant  / but the best FACTORY rifle I have ever owned was an FN SPR A1 308Win...... They build some REAL GOOD STUFF!!!!!!! , Cole

It is a little more pricey than the S/A XD but it feels good in your hands and seems lighter. Another eye catcher is that it is made in my home state and 45 miles from the town I live in.

• Profile Image
    • By 86Ram
    • 2 years ago
    • 717 Posts
      • 86Ram's stats:
  • A little late to the party but...

I just purchased a FNX-40 and wow it was a great deal. From what I have heard FNH has pretty good customer service.

With the FNX they did fix the backstrap issue from what I know.

First thing I noticed when I picked the thing up at a gun show was the grip that was on it just felt right, my dads XDM felt alright but the FNX just felt so much better.

As for the sights(at least on mine) they do take a little getting used to. I keep shooting low but I think I was using the wrong sight alingment.

When I first used my dads XDM the recoil felt controllable for the most part but you sometimes got the feeling of the snappiness of the recoil may throw you off a little. With the FNX-40 I did have recoil and it was comparable to the XDM-9(This was the Compact edition as well)

A bonus to the FNX series is that it comes already packed with three magazines(At least mine did) which was a great thing when mags cost from $25 to $35 a piece. I bought my FNX-40 for $600 and only put a little over a hundred rounds through it but I do like it so far.

• Profile Image
    • By blitz121
    • 2 years ago
    • 34 Posts
      • blitz121's stats:

Terms of Service